Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 16:13:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp>
To:        hackers
Subject:   /etc/sysconfig & quotas/accounting (was Re: Intelligent Debugging Tools...)

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> >
> > > options		QUOTA			#enable disk quotas
> >
> > Unless you are really using QUOTA's remove it.
> >
> 	Am using it.

Does anyone object to my removing the comments in /etc/sysconfig
that say that accounting and quotas probably dson't work and
should not be enabled?  I've been running with both those for something
like 8 - 10 months without any problems.

There is supposedly a problem with putting your quota files
on the root file system (or maybe just having quotas on /),
but I've never seen anyone file a PR with a system panic/hang
mentioning this.  As long as people follow the guidelines I put
in the handbook, I think they should be just fine.

BTW, when is the rest of the 4.4-lite2 integration going
to take place?  There are a couple of minor quota problems that
would be fixed by that.
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@FreeBSD.org