Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2003 15:46:24 +0000 (UTC)
From:      othermark <atkin901@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stable libmilter leaks kqueue descriptors?

In article <slrnbidfm6.11jf.atkin901@adkinson245.f5net.com>, othermark wrote:
> 2. have some ideas on how to track down this leakage?  I've looked
>    at the dccm source and it seems to be using milter correctly
>    (as it was working fine with an older version of sendmail), but
>    maybe other excellent users have tracked down kqueue leakage
>    before.

I found this pr, which seems to be a likely candidate.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/55007

dccm is threaded, but libmilter does not call kqueue directly, but
based on other searches, I'm suspecting that various calls are
implemented using kqueue, kevent (select(), poll(), etc..).  I see
some evidence of this in the sources, but I'm not familiar enough
with the kernel code to say absolutely that these code paths are
executed.

---
Mark
atkin901 at NOSPAM yahoo dot com