Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:38:20 -0500
From:      "Eric S . Van Gyzen" <lists@vangyzen.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   R/W mount of ext2fs fails

I just upgraded from 3.4-STABLE to 4.0-STABLE and am having problems mounting
my Linux partition.  The Linux root filesystem is on /dev/da0s3.  Here's what
happens:

	# mount -t ext2fs /dev/da0s3 /mnt/linux
	ext2fs: /dev/da0s3: Invalid argument
	# ls -l /dev/da0s3
	crw-r-----  1 root  operator   13, 0x00040002 Mar 28 11:35 /dev/da0s3

Syslog reports:
	/kernel: WARNING: R/W mount of #da/0x40002 denied due to
	unsupported optional features

Huh?  To what "unsupported optional features" is it referring?  In case it
matters, the Linux installation is Red Hat 6.1.  And I do have
	options         EXT2FS
in my kernel config.  I thought maybe the filesystem wasn't clean, so I booted
Linux and fsck'ed, only to get the same results.

Thanks for any help, or pointers to documentation that I should have read...

-Eric

FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #0: Thu Mar 23 15:16:02 EST 2000