Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2002 09:53:40 +0700
From:      pirat <pirat@access.inet.co.th>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make fail after cvsup of www-supfile

hi sirs,

i do this as a plain user, assuming it is jimyai.

the base and prefix of the www-supfile are defined as /home/jimyai.
cvsup is going on smoothly no problem.
cvs -d /home/jimyai/Repository init is also smooth.
CVSROOT has been set, check out, cd /home/jimyai/www; make links run quietly.

now

cd en
make ENGLISH_ONLY=YES WEB_ONLY=YES NOPORTCVS=YES DESTDIR=/home/jimyai/public_html WEBGRP=jimyai
make ENGLISH_ONLY=YES WEB_ONLY=YES NOPORTCVS=YES DESTDIR=/home/jimyai/public_html WEBGRP=jimyai install

the last one produces problem. the -g option is not set as jimyai but www.
this is really quite interesting to me but i can not figure it out why during cgi installation just use www group instead of jimyai as i define in command line.among the six cgis, the first five are installed as jimyai group. only ftp.cgi that uses www group. and stop with error `can not change owner/group.'

any hints and helps are welcome.

please cc to me since i do not subscribe to this list.

with best regards,
psr