Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 10:49:30 +0100
From:      G <G.S.J.Howell@swansea.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   netatalk1.4b2+asun2.1.0 failing / no "libwrap.so.7.6"

Hi.

I'm trying to get netatalk working on my machine, but am getting
errors.  When I boot the machine, its gets as far as loading local
packages, and I see a message:

httpd [this works fine] netatalkld.so failed: Can't find shared library
"libwrap.so.7.6"

I've searched my hard disk for this file, and it doesn't appear to be
around.  Where can I get it, and what do I have to do so that netatalk
picks it up ok?

papd seems to be working ok.  From /var/log/messages:

May 20 09:57:41 cscall papd[203]: restart (1.4b2+asun2.1.0)
May 20 09:57:47 cscall papd[203]: register cscall:LaserWriter@*

... and I can see my machine, cscall, from the chooser on a Mac sitting
next to me, but only for print services, not for filestore.

Some info about my machine:

% uname -a
FreeBSD cscall.swan.ac.uk 2.2.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE #0: Wed
May 19 16:14:03 BST 1999
csgh@cscall.swan.ac.uk:/usr/src/sys/compile/CSCALL  i386

I've added the line

options         NETATALK

to /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/CSCALL, my kernel configuration file, and
rebuilt it ok.  This got rid of a 'protocol not supported' message I was
getting at boot time.

TIA

G.