Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:19:10 -0700
From:      Jack Rusher <jar@integratus.com>
To:        Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>
Cc:        "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Knobs for optional software...

Brian Dean wrote:

> While I understand the desire to present a nice interface for
> interactive installations, please don't leave the server/cluster users
> out in the cold.  For us, _requiring_ a graphical console and
> requiring lots of interaction with the installation program would be a
> hugangeous step backwards.

  Oh, goodness, no.  We make extensive use of Jumpstart on Solaris.  I
would really like to see remote configurable net boot installs for
FreeBSD.  I don't think anyone would advocate making system
administration for server farms more difficult.  It would just be nice
to make the easy things easy and the hard things possible for both
server and workstation users.

--
Jack Rusher, Senior Engineer | mailto:jar@integratus.com
Integratus, Inc.             | http://www.integratus.com