Date:      Tue, 1 Nov 2011 14:18:46 +0900
From:      Svyatoslav Lempert <svyatoslav.lempert@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/162165: [update] lang/php52 update for new timezone set in timezonedb.h

Please look this, because PHP ignore system time settings in
/etc/localtime, russian FreeBSD users (and we are still many hosting
companies are actively using the old (yes, really old PHP 5.2.x, but
it is necessary that customers required for their version of scripts)
on the servers and VPS templates) have real problems with cancellation
of the winter time (now we have only the "summer time"). And for
normal work users need force set date.timezone=Etc/GMT-* in php.ini
The solution as to installation package pecl-timezonedb is not
complete fix, because it requires force date.timezone (this time has
no offset to GMT and the normal timezone such as Europe/MSK or
Asia/Irkutsk) and do not work "by default"
New file ext/date/lib/timezonedb.h fix this timezone settings and all
timezone problem solved in the default installation without any other
changes.

--
Svyatoslav