Date:      Sun, 09 Dec 2001 17:37:06 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cardbus + devfs?

In message <20011208043715.Z92148@elvis.mu.org> Alfred Perlstein writes:
: devfs and cardbus in -current?

I don't understand the question.

: Everything works fine except no device nodes show up under
: /dev, pccardd can't start.

pccardd isn't for newcard.  newcard config is done in the kernel only.

: Shall I hack devfs support into cardbus?  Or are there patches
: floating around I can apply?

No.  You don't need them.

You will need devd/devfsd, but that's been beaten to death elsewhere.
I had an excellent design session with the Japanese developers and
maybe I can write up the design on the plane coming back to the US.

Warner