Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 1995 14:40:07 -0800
From:      <@ee.udel.edu,@eecis.udel.edu,@louie.udel.edu:alexandr@louie.udel.edu>
To:        hm@altona.hamburg.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: PCVT Help

Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 17:27:32 -0500
From: Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@louie.udel.edu>

Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@altona.hamburg.com> says:
:From the keyboard of Jerry Alexandratos:
:
:> I've compiled a kernel with the options that I want, but I'm never
:> satisfied.  I want MORE!  8)  I find the default colors to be lacking.
:
:Hmm - i don't quite understand what you want to say, what are the
:"default colours" ?

When I compiled my kernel with PCVT support, PCVT automatically chose
some default colors.  For example, kernel messages are lightgrey on
red, bold is lg on blue, underline is lg on brown, etc...

These are the colors that I'm aiming to change.

:There is support for colour in pcvt, uudecode and gunzip the file
:/usr/src/usr.sbin/pcvt/demo/colors.vt.gz.uu and cat it to one of
:pcvt's screens on a color display and you'll see .. ;-)

I tried this.  Is there any reason that there aren't any "bright"
colors?  For example, I want to use yellow which should just be bright
brown, but I didn't see it.  Am I missing something?

:It does already fully support Latin-1 and DEC MCS, you just have to load
:the fonts, see man loadfont(1).
:
:Also have a look at /usr/src/usr.sbin/pcvt/Misc/Doc and
:/usr/src/usr.sbin/pcvt/Etc/rc.local on an example of a startup file.
:
:After you are done, uudecode and gunzip the file
:/usr/src/usr.sbin/pcvt/demo/chardemo.vt.gz.uu and cat it to a pcvt screen
:and you'll see what you have!

Thanks, I completely missed all of this somehow.

       --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8