Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:30:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Cavanaugh <john@agora.rdrop.com>
To:        unfurl@dub.net (Unfurl)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good keyboards

> On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 03:44:09PM -0600, Mike Nguyen wrote:
> > My favorite keyboard of all time are the IBM 101-key keyboards (the heavy ones
> > with the click, not the cheap stuff they give you now). They are made by
> > Lexmark, I think. Still available on RS/6000s, at least. I collect them
> > whenever I can find a source, I have four, two I use at work, two I use at
> > home. They're not cheap, though -- they seem to go for around $50 used,
> > although I managed to snag a couple for free. They also last forever.
> >
> > Mike.
>
> Word of warning. They last forever until you dump a bowl of cereal in
> them. This is a bad idea especially if, like me, this is your favorite
> keyboard. Also, spilling beer in them is a bad idea.
>
> I have (past tense) owned two of these beauties. I miss them much.

They also have a big problem with staples.  We have a bunch of them
(and the 3151 terminals they talk to) connected to our RS/6000 and
have been unable to convince our mouth-breathing claims processors
of their suggested care and feeding (or lack thereof). ;-)
--
John Cavanaugh         "There can be only one."     <john@agora.rdrop.com>