Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 17:28:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      "jamgill@uu.net" <jamgill@UU.NET>
To:        Brendan McAlpine <bmcalpine@macconnect.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mail scanner script?

hmm....

grep ^From: <file(s) to pull addrs from> | cut -f 2 -d : > addresses.list

should dump the addresses into a file called addresses.list.

Of course, running any kind of commands or code that you get from random
folks on the internet (like myself, for example) is dangerous and if you
don't know what every character in the line I've suggested above does you
should look it up and ask questions.  Not only will you reduce your risk
but you will increase your knowledge.

And if I get one piece of spam from you because of this script ... WTFOMF.

--gill

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Brendan McAlpine wrote:

> Does anyone have a shell or perl script that can do the following....
>=20
> I want a script that can scan the headers of email files I=B9ve saved and=
 grab
> the from addresses and put them into a separate text file.  Seems simple,
> but I don=B9t really know how to piece that together.
>=20
> Any input or scripts would be appreciated.
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> Brendan
>=20

--gill  | Tatu Ylonen, SSH 1.2.12 README:  "Beware that the most effective