Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:10:31 -0800
From:      Chameleon <swen@wavefire.com>
To:        patrick.baer@nci.de
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: configuring ne2000 to use 10BaseT

Have you used the NIC utility to set the ne2000 cards to use 10baseT?
thats what i always had to do... boot with a dos boot disk, use the utility
to set the
card's irq's and the rest of the settings, reboot, and you're good to go
if you need the utility, i can mail you a copy of the one i use...

Swen

>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:50:54 +0100
>From: Patrick Baer <patrick.baer@nci.de>
>To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
>Subject: configuring ne2000 to use 10BaseT
>Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
>Hi everybody!
>
>I am just having a shhhhh^W nice time with installing a PicoBSD Router.
>What I want to do is setup two NE2000 NICs to use 10BAseT instead of the
>coax-connector.
>
>But:
>
># ifconfig ed0 192.168.0.200 255.255.255.0 media 10BaseT up
>ifconfig: SIOCGIFMEDIA: Invalid argument
>
>Same with 10baseT, 10baseT/UTP, and so on
>
>So can somebody please point to any documentation about the media
>directive and what to use?
>man ifconfig and man ed don't mention anything about the media directive
>(except one flag for AUI use)
>
>Thanks for your help!
>

>Patrick

If ignorance is bliss, is stupidity orgasmic?