Date:      Mon, 12 May 2003 02:22:20 -0700
From:      joshk@triplehelix.org (Joshua Kwan)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.1-BETA fatal trap 12 during setup

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

Hi,

I got this when running Upgrade on FreeBSD 5.1-BETA setup program,
selecting an xl0 as my ethernet device and connecting to ftp.freebsd.org
to download everything:

fault virtual address	=3D 0x0
fault code		=3D supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	=3D 0x8:0xc0300d73
stack pointer		=3D 0x10:0xd7b95ae0
frame pointer		=3D 0x10:0xd7b95b00
code segment		=3D base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			=3D DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	=3D interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL =3D 0
current process		=3D 42 (syncer)

and in the actual setup window I see:
kernel: type 12 trap, code=3D0
Stopped at	_mtx_lock_flags+0x43:	cmpl	$0xc054508c,0(%ebx)
db>

I can continually reproduce this, so if someone wants me to do further
debugging, I will. Do CC me on replies; I'm not subscribed to this
mailing list.

Regards,
Josh

--=20