Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 01:20:52 +0100
From:      "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@corecode.ath.cx>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        bright@mu.org, silby@silby.com, bde@zeta.org.au, mime@traveller.cz, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, greg@bogslab.ucdavis.edu
Subject:   Re: stack alignment issues

--=.4Y62Wvn88vLK9z

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 15:36:11 -0800 Terry Lambert
<tlambert2@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > > Well, if Linux aligns the initial stack, the chance that gcc will
> > > have auto-alignment added sounds to be about zero.  You might as
> > > well go ahead with your patch when you get a chance.
> >
> > I agree, either way we should try to optimized the current
> > situation, especially if it seems to give a 2x perf boost!
>
> How about "aligning the initial stack"?

i think this is a good idea (besides trying to optimize gcc).
and it shouldn't be too hard to accomplish this (i don't know the code for rtld, but it really shouldn't be too hard to do this)
unfortunately i don't have time ATM otherwise i'd look into this

cheerz
  corecode

--
/"\   http://corecode.ath.cx/