Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:05:11 +0200
From:      Oliver Lehmann <oliver@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
Cc:        oliver@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 * DVI configuration

Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> I'm quite fond of Matrox cards.  I'm pretty sure the 550 exists in
> dual-DVI config.  They're not great on 3D, but they're excellent on
> 2D, and the driver is rock solid.  Of course, for cards newer than the
> 550, they went the way of everybody else and stopped releasing info
> for drivers...

I had a Matrox G400 DH in my former system - this one needed the Matrox
driver for dualhead support. IIRC since 450DH the driver wasn't needed
any longer which is good because the driver was i386-only. Problem here
is, that I know that it will only support DRI on the first screen.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/