Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:19:39 +0530
From:      Shantanu Mahajan <shantanoo+fbsd@ieee.org>
To:        "P. U. Kruppa" <520023893678-0001@t-online.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mounting a dos file system

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

+++ P. U. Kruppa [freebsd] [11-01-03 06:28 +0000]:
| On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, chip wiegand wrote:
|=20
| > On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:13:49 -0500
| > Adam Stroud <adstro@stny.rr.com> wrote:
| >
| > > Instal Samba.  I have a silimar situation, and Samba works great foe
| > > me.
| >
| > Samba is for sharing FBSD shares on the windows network. There is a port
| > for Sharity-Light which makes it real easy to mount your windoze shares.
| >
| > shlight //computer_name/share_point /mount_dir
| Would this work with Win2000 Professional? - Can Sharity-Light
| read and write NTFS, don't you need a server edition?
|=20
| Uli.
	writing is done by the windows itself. FBSD, rather
samba tells what to written on the shared drive with help of SMB
protocol. it doesn't matter to samba what file system is
used by windows.

Regards,
Shantanu

--=20
Everyone is a genius.  It's just that
some people are too stupid to realize it.=20

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L--