Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:52:47 +0800
From:      Najib Ninaba <najib_ninaba@yahoo.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.4-STABLE pccard freezes HP Omnibook 500

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 10:28:59PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> I'll assume that you are using polling mode due to problems with
> non-polling mode?

Yes, if I were to take out the entries hw.pcic.intr_path=3D"1" and
hw.pcic.irq=3D"0", it will hang during boot time. Specifically, during
mounting my harddisk.=20

>=20
> I'll also assume that irq 10 is available on this machine, and isn't
> used by any other hardware in the machine (even hardware that doesn't
> have a driver).  Is that correct?

Sorry, that was typo on my part ;). It's supposed to be irq 11 thats
free. I checked it against dmesg and vmstat -i. I've also tried not
using the -i flag and just rely on pccard.conf with those irqs already
in used taken out. Still the same thing.

> When, exactly does the hang happen.  The instant you insert the card?
> After a few seconds?  Just after the driver prints its probe string?
>=20
> Does removing the card cause the hang to go away?

Immediately the instant I plugged in the card, it freezed. No response
from keyboard, mouse. There wasn't any strings output anywhere that
might be related to pccard. Not in /var/log/messages or dmesg.

Removing the card does not help also. I had to do a hardware reboot.

>=20
> You wouldn't happen to be in the Boulder/Denver area, would you?
>=20

Nope, I'm in Singapore ;). Btw, I've cvsup the source to the latest, Nov
14 and I have your latest pccard changes in -STABLE but it didn't help.

Regards,
--=20
Najib Ninaba=20
"Life's unfair - but having the root password helps!"
--
PGP fingerprint
B338 7EC2 B737 3BAA 03B1  38C7 0832 B6CF 160F 496E

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu--