Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:39:54 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail not getting to FreeBSD.org

Glenn Johnson wrote:

>> From postmaster@micron.net  Mon Feb  7 17:47:38 2000

> Your message was not delivered because the destination computer was
> not reachable within the allowed queue period.  The amount of time
> a message is queued before it is returned depends on local configura-
> tion parameters.
>
> Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but
> it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not
> have a mail system running right now.

This is probably because hub went down (disk failure). Quite why your
ISP's mail server didn't try to deliver it to builder instead as the MX
records suggest is another matter. Perhaps they have a stale MX record
cached somewhere. Is this problem still happening? If so, I suggest you
contact your ISP's postmaster to find out why it isn't working, there's
not much anyone here can do.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D