Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 21:33:23 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   -fomit-frame-pointer for the world build

Hello there colleagues,

I'd tried to search thru the web, but did not succeed enough.

What are the drawbacks of building FreeBSD with -fomit-frame-pointer? As
far as I can see, it saves both space (which is not as worth as disk space
got cheaper and cheaper) and execution time (which is, AFAICC, more
important).

I'd already done some tests, but not really deep.

Would you please clarify this issue abit, or point me to any articles
describing exact -fomit-frame-pointer behaviour?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]