Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 23:11:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UPDATE2: Dynamic sysctls

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I received many useful comments regarding previous version, and made some
> changes in functionality. The latest patches can be found at:
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/~abial/dyn_sysctl-070700.tgz

  Looking good. On style(9) nit (god knows I'm not the one to preach
style(9) :) ):

struct sysctl_ctx_entry *sysctl_ctx_entry_add(struct sysctl_ctx_list *clist,
       struct sysctl_oid *oidp)

should be:

struct sysctl_ctx_entry *
sysctl_ctx_entry_add(struct sysctl_ctx_list *clist, struct sysctl_oid *oidp)

  By the way, did you get message
<Pine.BSF.4.21.0007022223510.7980-100000@gateway.posi.net> I sent regarding
the last patchset? I am still unsure how the warning comment in
sysctl_remove_oid applys. Also, I'de like to know what you thought of the
suggestion to remove all special knowledge of contexts from
sysctl_add_oid. i.e. to remove context handling from sysctl_add_oid and make
the modules using contexts do something like:
        oid = sysctl_add_oid(...)
        sysctl_ctx_entry_add(myctx, oid);

  or just:
	sysctl_ctx_entry_add(myctx, sysctl_add_oid(...));

  I think it would clean up the sysctl_add_oid code and the interface in
general.

  This is great work that you are doing. Thanks,

  Kelly

--
Kelly Yancey  -  kbyanc@posi.net  -  Belmont, CA
System Administrator, eGroups.com                  http://www.egroups.com/