Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 22:15:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        "Mike. Stacy" <mike.stacy@verizon.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: mail [sending itself mail, backspacing?]

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Mike. Stacy wrote:
> how do I get my freebsd box to stop sending it's self mail. Also I use gnome

Can you elaborate?  Does it send itself mail (to root) alerting you that
various cron or at jobs completed?

> and when I use a terminal I can't backspace, is their any  way to fix that??>>..................
>                     -Mike

There is definitely a way to fix backspace issues.  In the syscons (console
mode, non X-Windowed), when I hit either the Backspace or Delete key, the
character to the left is destroyed/removed.  However, in emacs (editor),
backspace for some reason sends C-h (ctrl-h) to emacs.  What shell do you use?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder