Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:29:06 +0100
From:      Michael O Shea <moshea@tronic-group.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   apache+php+pgsql woes

Hi folks,
After many hours of hair pulling I am posting to this list for help.
I have a Fresh Install of FreeBSD 4.1.1 upon which I installed and
built apache1.3.14+php4.0.3pl1

I also have on another Identical FreeBSD box PostGres SQL server
running for which I build my Kernel with options,
options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
options         SHMMAXPGS=3D320768
options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores
options         SHMSEG=3D256
options         SEMMNI=3D256
options         SEMMNS=3D512
options         SEMMNU=3D256
options         SEMMAP=3D256

I start postgres with the following flags,
postmaster -i -S 65536 -o -F -N 128 -B 256024

I am trying to store my PHPSessions on Postgres and while it runs
fine under small load as soon as it gets busy I get the following in
the browser,

Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: connectDBStart() --
socket() failed: errno=3D55 No buffer space available in
/mnt/htdocs/www.somedomain.ch/inc/sessionp.php on line 5
Unable to connect to SQL server

Sessionp.php is a simple file that does the inserts,selects etc for
the session.
It is not the culprit as I can also reproduce the error by anyother
php/sql file that does inserts.
Has anyone come across this before ?
Are the buffers for socket connections to postgres and is there any
way to increse the value ?
I tried connecting to postgres with and without persistant
connections but that does not help.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

--