Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:55:59 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: code freeze

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 03:47:40PM +0100, Pete French wrote:
> One again, for the slow witted, what tag do I need to use for the
> *port* tree to get the 4.6 release version of the ports ? I tried
> the one suggested in the previos email (which I now do not have to hand
> unfortunately) and that cheerfully started deleting all my ports. Subsequ=
ent
> perusal of the documentation reveals a lot of possible tags for the souur=
ce,
> but scant information as to the correct tag for the ports. All the varian=
ts
> I have tried seem to result in wholesale deletion of ports, and I have fo=
und
> several places where I am told that the only correct tag is '.'

You can always use cvs to checkout the ports tree with tag RELEASE_4_6_0,
although I also thought that cvsupping with that same tag would work.

The ports are indeed already tagged according to

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/Makefile?only_with_tag=3DRELEAS=
E_4_6_0

But just one quick question: why do you really need the *exact* ports tree =
for
4.6? I'd think the current ports tree is better - ports get upgraded all the
time, there's nothing special about the ports tree at the tagging moment.

HTH,

--Stijn

--=20
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.  Instead of
altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their vi=
ews
=2E.. which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts =
that
needs altering.
		-- Doctor Who, "Face of Evil"

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L