Date:      Sun, 02 Jan 2000 00:54:45 -0600
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        "Jesse Tilly" <jtilly@gw.total-web.net>
Cc:        <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I will never trust NBC news again!

At 16:57 01-01-2000 -0800, Jesse Tilly wrote:
>As much as I like to be "right", let's not forget that the calendar
>is a relative thing...it's not measuring *anything* accurately.

No argument there. But it's not about the calendar. It is about reporting
the news rather than creating it. Besides, if they wanted their story, they
could have just said one twin was born in the nineteen hundreds, while the
other in the two thousands (or is twenty hundreds?).

I always have to laugh when watching a Subway commercial when the loony
toon characters are ready to eat their sub right at the "milloonnium" but
when midnight strikes, Taz barges in and eats it all. One of the characters
says, "Well, there's always another millennium." To that I reply, yes, next
year.

Cheers,
Adam