Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:13:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      <arr@oceanwave.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   acroread4

I've had this problem ever since 4.1, I believe, and nothing I've seen
on the mailing lists or in the bug database seems to address it.

I'm currently running 4.2-STABLE (and cvsuped ports) as of 12/10/2000.
I've wiped out /compat/linux and done a make install in
/usr/ports/printing/acroread4 so that it installs the linux_base stuff
from scratch.

When I attempt to run acroread4 /usr/local/Acrobat4/Reader/License.pdf,
acroread starts, the splash screen comes up, and the acrobat window
appears for a fraction of a second and then bombs with the following:

Exited with error code: 0x400e0009.

If I start acroread4 without specifying a file to read, it does fine.
Once I try to open an existing file, though, it exits with the above
mentioned error.

It doesn't appear to be a branding issue (no error about libraries not
being found), and it doesn't say it's an FPE, so what's the issue
here?