Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 03:01:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        bush doctor <dervish@bantu.cl.msu.edu>, Aaron Smith <aaron-fbsd@mutex.org>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status?

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Wes Peters wrote:

> bush doctor wrote:
> >
> > Check the mailing list archives. I believe Wes Peters and or Alfred Perlstein(sp?)
> > had actually gotten some of the FBSD toolchain to build under NetBSD-sparc.
>
> Alfred built it, and I confirmed that it would run on my IPX.  I assume
> it's still loaded on the disk somewhere, since I haven't removed it.  ;^)

wait a sec, I got no such email from you :P

this motivates me a lot, as soon as i'm done with restructuring the
wintel's systems and the 3 coding projects they have me on I'll get
back to it.

I thought I was just stumbling along blindly, making a cross
platform gcc compile on freebsd isn't very easy.

> I have NetBSD-SPARC running on my SPARCstation 5 at work now, too.
> It's a nice system, much faster than Slowlaris.

yeah, but if you put 64 processors in it Slowlaris will blow
netbsd away! </hardware kiddie>

Cool to know I was at least on the right track, mainly the problems
I'm having is that I have a 170e instead of a 170 (the scsi and
ethernet aren't supported) plus the configuration files netbsd
uses are a bit difficult to figure out for someone who hsan't
done this sort of stuff before.

"dammit Jim, i'm a TASM weenie, not John Birrel!" :)

-Alfred Perlstein - [bright@rush.net|bright@wintelcom.net]
systems administrator and programmer
    Win Telecom - http://www.wintelcom.net/