Date:      Sat, 09 Nov 1996 02:17:01 +0900
From:      Hiroyuki Hanai <hanai@astec.co.jp>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   When we change DTD?

This is not critical issue...

We, Japanese documentation group, are also collecting the
information of good books which are especially written in Japanese
for new comers.
Of course, we are SGMLlizing it but we cannot find good tag for
describing book information in the linuxdoc DTD.
I've looked through the DTD and I found it is almost LaTeX!! ;-<
I've also looked through the Docbook 2.4 DTD and found
some usable tag such as BOOKBIBLIO.

If the DTD in FreeBSD will be changed in near future, I think
we had better to write the book information with Docbook DTD.

John, how's the current status?
If I can help you, such as the tools for translation of tag in handbook,
please tell me.

-----H.Hanai