Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 20:17:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      "M.G." <glasgow@beer.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   redirecting port based on source ip

Hi,

I have two server processes (smtpd and ofmipd) running on my mail
server.  The smtpd process listens on 192.168.1.200 port 25, and
the ofmipd processs listens on 127.0.0.1 port 25.

Is there a way I can use natd/ipfw to redirect connections to the
mail server from 192.168.1.0/24 and 172.16.4.0/24 to the ofmipd
process transparently?  I want connections from all other addresses
to connect to the smtpd process as usual.

Also, I do NOT need or want the normal natd functionality (I don't
want anyone to be able to masquerade as the mail server by setting
it as their default gateway.)

--
Michael Glasgow <glasgow@beer.net>