Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:30:09 -0400
From:      Dylan Carlson <absinthe@pobox.com>
To:        Adam Turoff <ziggy@panix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'tidy' equiv for sgml?

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 04:57pm, Adam Turoff wrote:

Thanks, I wasn't aware of those other tools, so it's good to know they are
there, though it doesn't help me with what I'm trying to do right now...

Which is, normalize everything on my sgml docs, including indentation (mostly
indentation, actually).

> Unfortunately, neither of these tools handle indenting or
> pretty-printing the output.  Feeding an SGML document through [o]sx,
> is a good first step; feeding that output through a Perl/Java/Python/C
> program to add the appropriate amount of pretty-printing is a
> trivial task.

Nod.
I'm just amazed there's not a tool for it right now, if it's indeed that
trivial.

Cheers,
--
Dylan Carlson [absinthe@pobox.com]