Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 14:36:05 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        wsantee@wsantee.oz.net (Wes Santee)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't get terminal to wake-up getty

Wes Santee stands accused of saying:

> I'm trying to hook up a Link MC2 (using tvi925 compatibility mode)
> video terminal directly to COM1 of my FreeBSD system.  Is this
> possible or does it require some other piece of hardware?

You'll want a null-modem cable, and make sure that the port gets DCD
(either cross it with DTR from the port, or from the terminal if it
generates it properly)

> Baud Rate     = 9600 (goes up to 19200)
> Data/Parity   = 8/None
> Stop Bits     = 1
> Rcv Handshake = XON/XOFF (also supports DTR/Both/None)

Don't use xon/xoff if you're an emacs person.  Yuck.  Ok, tie DTR on the
COM1 end of the cable to DCD there, and take DTR from the terminal to
CTS on the serial port and use the DTR handshake.

> Xmt Handshake = XON/XOFF (only other option is NONE)
> Comm          = FDX (also supports BLK/HDX/HBLK - control local echo/etc)

FDX is correct.

> ( -Wes Santee <wsantee@wsantee.oz.net>  |                                )

]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[