Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 1997 02:40:27 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>, Gary Kendall <gdk@ccomp.inode.COM>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

"JKH" == Jordan K Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:
>> I think you are being heavy handed and pessimistic. I -like- rogue
>> and larn, and I don't think I'm alone.
> It's not a question of what you like,

Of course. You asked for objections, and how -dare- I suggest a
preference? What -was- I thinking? After all, I'm just a user.

> it's a question of how to distribute this stuff in a more effective
> and less "exposed" manner.  Just because a topic pisses you off
> should not prevent you from thinking of and implementing reasonable
> compromises.

It doesn't piss me off, I just think the compromise you propose is
unreasonable given the good freeware in the system. Why not just
remove the questionable games?

>> Or, go ahead and let lawyers dictate the code you write. After all,
>> they are the ones you must serve, eh?
> No, they are simply the ones who sue.  I think you've had too little
> experience with the sharp end of our wonderful legal system to
> really comment knowledgably on this whole topic, so why don't we
> just agree to disagree here?

So let me get this straight. You -presume- I've had too little
experience, so because of this you are going to define me as not being
able to provide a requested opinion?

Gee. I think the game that triggered this is appropriately named.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

"Why, Nasrudin, don't you spend some time practicing higher forms of thought
in order to improve yourself?"
"For the same reason that lions don't catch fish."
"Oh, you mean that you are not equipped for it?"
"No, I only mean that I haven't got around to it yet."