Date:      Tue, 2 May 95 16:14:03 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        weber@rhrk.uni-kl.de
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DIGIBOARD driver in ~julian

> Hallo,
>
> In list.freebsd-hackers you write:
>
> >Thanks for enlightening this, Terry.  I've really been under the
> >impression that it was beyond legality in US to disassemble some-
> >thing (and i will yet have to check it again -- but it's still my
> >believe for the german situation).
>
> Kurze Bemerkung: soweit ich weiss enthaelt die Eur. Urheberrechts-Direktive
> spezielle Klauseln die das reverse engineering zum herausfinden von
> Schnittstellen moglich machen.
>
> Gruss
>
> Christoph Weber-Fahr

I'm sorry; my German isn't what it used to be.

"So it is; the EEC directive special clause regarding the reverse
 engineering <?> of <?> <?il>legal".

Clearly, I would make a good translator for toy assembly instructions.

8-).

Someone have a translation?  I'm missing the most important clause that
would tell me if he's claiming it's legal or illegal...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.