Date:      Wed, 05 Sep 2001 00:56:33 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>, Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is VT_TFS?

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> Nate,
>
> You're replying to Terry for christs sake!  What did you expect if not
> revisionist $anything ?
>
> Which reminds me, Adrian still oves us his story about ref :-)

Poul, you're going off again, without regard for facts.

Remember the last time FreeBSD history came up, I proved Nate
mistaken in his claim that my authorship of the original 386BSD
FAQ was "revisionist history".

You can check these facts out in the archives on Minnie; I can
also provide almost every email I ever sent or received (if it
resulted in a response from me to the author), from 1988 forward,
since I have it all archived, since even at the time, I felt it
might end up being an important historical record.  At the very
least, it has provided me with a rich source of information from
which to draw, in order to study "Open Source" projects in general,
and 386BSD, FreeBSD, and NetBSD, in particular.

I am only willing to open up the non-private email sent or
received, and then only with considerable incentive (it is a
very large archive).

Alternately, you can go to Warren's archive and look there,
before making accusations of revisionism.

However, if you insist, I can and will happily quote large
sections of it to this mailing list, in support of any contended
claims of inaccuracy...

Thanks,
-- Terry