Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 00:14:16 +0900
From:      ShunichiTabata <tabata@mailhost.mitani.co.jp>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Help Me!

I've installed FreeBSD 2.1.0 to my ISA SCSI disk. Installation itself seems to be successful.
But when I boot from hard disk, follwing messages are displayed.

 "changing root device to sd1a"
 "panic:cannot mount root"

 I made partition as follows.

 wd0s1         202MB DOS
 sd0s1a /      32MB  UFS Y
 sd0s1b <none> 43MB  SWAP
 sd0s1e /var   30MB  UFS Y
 sd0s1f /usr   208MB UFS Y
 sd0s2         713MB DOS

 Why root device should be changed? I didn't install to sd1a. There is no other SCSI DISK.
So, I thought there is something wrong with file-system of sd0a, I mounted fixit floppy
and go to repair mode, and mount sd0a to '/tmp'. But sd0a was monted successfully, and
directories and files were there.
 I try three times, but still I can't get UNIX SYSTEM on my PC. Please help me!

HARDWARE:
 PC:COMPAQ PRESARIO433
 CPU:Intel DX4 100MHz ODPR
 SCSI board: Adaptec AHA-1520B