Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:05:59 -0600
From:      Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc@americanisp.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mount_smbfs - no /dev/nsmb*

Hi all,

Earlier in the week I asked about speeding up sharity-light, and someone
mentioned mount_smbfs, something I wasn't even aware was stable. So off I
went to figure it out. Since I recently upgraded to 4.6, I put the options
in my kernel, and tried to make...it stopped with errors about
linux_proto.h. I found a fix from someone (delete /usr/obj/, delete
/usr/src, but saving configuration file first, then re-cvsup'ing, then it
went okay)

So the build of the kernel went off okay after that: I was able to build the
kernel, and reboot. However, I get the no /dev/nsmb* message, and sh MAKEDEV
nsmb|nsmb0|nsmb1 turns up nothing. What can I do here?

TIA,

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc@americanisp.net
Butter vs. Margarine? I trust cows over scientists.