Date:      Sat, 01 Jan 2000 10:13:32 -0600
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   I will never trust NBC news again!

Is this a conspiracy? TV stations pretending they do not know when the next
millenium starts? I guess NBC does not read FreeBSD mailing lists.
Otherwise they could not have made such serious mistakes.

Here's a copy of my email to NBC News:

>Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 09:59:21 -0600
>To: nightly@nbc.com
>From: "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
>Subject: I will never trust NBC news again!
>
>I thought you were supposed to be reporting the truth, not making up wild
stories.

>After last night's coverage of the New Year's celebration, I will never
trust NBC news again. What is this nonsense about twins being born in two
millenia that Tom Brokaw kept repeating ad nauseam? They were both born in
the same millenium.

>I've got news for you: We are still in the 20th Century and 2nd Millenium
until the end of the year 2000. As EVERYBODY knows, there was no year 0.
And as we learned back in grade school, every century starts with 01 and
ends with 00. 2000 is the last year of the century and of the millenium,
not the first.

>And what is this talk about a Y2K *virus* that Ms. Couric came up with? A
bug and a virus are two quite different things!

>If this is how accurately you report news you had plenty of time to
research, I wonder how accurate your reports are about real news. I will
never trust you again. Not in this century, not in the next when it comes a
year from now!