Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 12:54:04 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RedHat 6.0 & -current?

Darryl Okahata wrote:

> [ I'm sorry if this seems like a FAQ, but I've searched through the
>   archives and dejanews, and I can't find anything on this. ]

They are not supported in anyway by FreeBSD.

>      How "beta" are Marcel's RedHat 6.0 ports?

Very.

> I'm trying to install his beta RH6 linux-base on a July 10 -current, and
> numerous rpms fail to install properly (similar things happen on 3.1-RELEASE,
> which is why I'm now trying -current).  A partial log looks like:
[snip]

If there's no real reason to use RH 6.0 rpms, stick to the RH 5.2 port.

> The ldconfig rpm appears to install, regardless of the error message,

That's a bug in rpm itself. It's caused by a failing post-install script.

> and the bash rpm doesn't work.  Linux bash dumps core with a "Bad system
> call - core dumped".  A stack trace from FreeBSD's gdb gives:
[snip]
> (However, I have no idea if this is garbage or not, as I'm not using
> Linux's gdb to get the stack trace.)

I haven't had the time to work on that. It was known. I hope to be able to
tackle it very soon.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/