Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:58:12 -0500
From:      "Praying Mantis" <mantis32@thepentagon.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   routing problem? solution?

Hi,
    Getting straight to the question. I have just installed FreeBSD on a 486
machine. I have not done anything to it yet, but I can reach any system that
has connected to my system first.  For instance, I try telneting
to some.shell.com and I can't get to it.  I then telnet in to my box from
some.shell.com and can telnet back to some.shell.com with no problems.  As
far as I can tell, it looks like a potential routing problem.  Checking
through /etc/rc.conf, I don't see anything out of the ordinary.  So for now
anytime I try to connect to freebsd.org I get connection refused. This holds
true for telnet, ftp, and www for any site.

-end-
<><><><> In God We Trust <><><><>
>>Praying Mantis<<
mantis32@thepentagon.com
<><><><> And all others we Polygraph <><><><>