Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 05:31:28 +0000
From:      jason henson <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xorg/dri-6.2_1,2 upgrade problems

On 12/26/04 16:16:02, Ned Harrison wrote:
> I'm currently running Release 5.2.1.  which has just reciently  been =20
> updated  to the security branch.
>=20
> I was upgrading xorg to version 6.8.1. with portupgrade when it =20
> crashed with an Error Code 1. I traced the crash to failure to =20
> upgrade dri-5.0.2,2 to dri-6.2_1,2.  I've attempted to build =20
> dri-6.2_1,2 but it keeps crashing with an Error code 2.  I didn't see =20
> any notes in the ports UPDATING file regarding this issue nor did I =20
> find any similar issues in the archives.
>=20
> I ran cvsup to update the ports this morning and done the prtsdb -Uu =20
> to creat an index.  The make in dri still has the same problem.
> I piped my last attempt to make dri to a file.  The last lines of the =20
> output are below.  Sorry about the lack of additional information.  =20
> My xserver crashed so i am stuck in the command line mode.  I'm =20
> running my computer off Knoppix disk so I can send this information =20
> to freebsd-questions.   So any suggestions on what I should do or =20
> attempt to do to get my system back up and running would be =20
> appreciated.
> Output of the Make command in the dri port:

Part of the dri stuff(the drivers) are in the base system and not =20
upgraded with the dri port(I think).  That could be causing you pain, =20
but the more likely cause may be that pthread and other libs.  In 5.3 =20
some of the libs were bumped and there have been threading changes.  =20
Maybe you should update your system too?

BTW, do you have a p pro, or is that some default in some makefile?