Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 14:45:56 -0300 (BRST)
From:      Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br>
To:        Noses <noses@noses.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Real "technical comparison"

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Noses wrote:

> Thank you for not telling it to one of my servers which is running
> around with about 100000 concurrent connections biting its tail. I
> wouldn't like to hurt its feelings. And I've got the feeling that it
> will have to bear a bit more of that beating.

Interesting, what's that thing doing ?

Mmm, now that I think of it, at least one company wants to
run a stateful firewall & VPN endpoint with well over 128.000
connections too (and on Linux 2.4, even ... this would be an
interesting thing to test).

regards,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/		http://distro.conectiva.com/