Date:      Sun, 07 May 2000 19:55:17 -0400
From:      Brian Love <lovebot@home.com>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ReFormat Hard Drive

After starting the make installworld part of the 3.4S ->4.0S cvsup
update, I ran out of space in my / directory.  Even after moving and
symlinking a number of directories, I am still faced with the fact that
a 32Meg partition is too small.
Is there a moderated, approved, FreeBSD way to move all the data off the
/ directory and move it to another [ /usr/stor1/temp , in my case; I
used
cp -R -P -pv /* /usr/stor1/temp # stor1 is another slice]
directory, deleting, adding to and reformatting the slice with the
partition and label editor, and dumping the data back onto the newly
enlarged / partition?  Could someone point me to directions (detailed,
I'm afraid... *newbie alert*) for accomplishing this?

brian