Date:      Thu, 12 May 2005 15:36:20 +0200
From:      Volker Stolz <vs@freebsd.org>
To:        Lars Eighner <eighner@io.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP PSC 1350 and hpoj and usb

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

[Redirecting this to -ports]
In gmane.os.freebsd.devel.hackers, you wrote:
> I am trying to enable the scanning functions on an HP PSC 1350
> all-in-one printer.
> I have installed hpoj, but ptal-init cannot find the scanner.
> The problem seems to be that the scan functions get improperly
> attached at boot time.

These printers are not uscan devices. hpoj will only find them if they
are classified as ugen, which means that you have to at least
disable ulpt-support (either in the kernel or by not loading the
module). I don't know if this applies to umass as well.
You might want to check the list-archive of hpoj.sf.net for more details.

Volker
--=20
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
It's a million to one chance, but it just might work.

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs

--82I3+IH0IqGh5yIs--