Date:      06 Apr 1995 09:36:08 GMT
From:      daven@amcolor.com (Dave Norinsky)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0 installation

Hello,
I bought the FreeBSD 2.0 CDROM form Walnut Creek and attempted to install it
last night.  The problem I ran into was that the fdisk program accessible
through the installation program would not recognize my hard drive.
I deleted all partitions in the drive and created a 650 MB DOS partition and
left the remaining 350 MB for FreeBSD.  I low level formated the drive.I
stopped the installation procedure to change some of the parameters for
installation with "/kernel -c" at the boot prompt,  but all to no avail.
Following is a list of the hardware I have installed in my machine.

SCSI controller:  Adaptek 1542CS,  I/O port:  130,  Int:  11,  Bios Address:
DC000

Hard Drive:  Seagate 11200N,  1 GB,  SCSI ID 0

CDROM:  Matshita CDROM CR-8004,  SCSI ID 4

Any assistance you can give me in installing this OS would be appreciated.

					Thanks,
						David Norinsky