Date:      Mon, 26 May 2003 01:13:43 -0400
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: issue with ports

Jason,

> > > ** Error occured reading /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:
> > >         undefined method `+' for nil
> > Did you copy pkgtools.conf.sample to pkgtools.conf? If so, what changes
> > did you make to pkgtools.conf [diff them]?
> Did not copy sample over

I suggest doing so.

> and have not ever edited file.

No problem. The sample makes a good default.

> It appears sample
> is current (v1.3 03/2003), while the installed is stale (v1.13 02/2002).

How did "the installed" (file) get there if you didn't put it there? To my
knowledge, the package inly installs the sample file.

Given your answers, I'd just copy pkgtools.conf.sample to pkgtools.conf
and see if the fixes things. If it doesn't, then please follow with
details.

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |