Date:      Fri, 22 Jul 2016 09:19:27 -0400
From:      "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca>
To:        "Andrea Venturoli" <ml@netfence.it>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Samba-4.3 FreeBSD-10.3 Roaming Profiles

On Fri, July 22, 2016 02:55, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> On 07/21/16 22:58, James B. Byrne via freebsd-questions wrote:
>> Has anyone on the list gotten Roaming Profiles to work with Samba43
>> on
>> FreeBSD configured as as an AD-DC?
>
> Yes and no.
>
> Yes: I have set up a couple of AD domains with roaming profiles; AD
> DCs
> are jails on 9.3 or 10.3.
> No: I don't have the roaming profiles on the DC; I leave the file
> server
> role to a different Samba instance.
>
> If such a setup might suit you, just ask.
>
>   bye
> 	av.

Anything that works will suit me at them moment.  Do you have a write
up of what steps you followed for the 10.3 arrangement?

What bothers me is that the users share gets created as expected but
that the profile share does not.  Due to my lack of experience with AD
I do not understand why the set up for the two shares differ on the
Samba wiki or what the implications of the differences are.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3