Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 1997 01:19:57 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        igor@alecto.physics.uiuc.edu (Igor Roshchin), chad@dcfinc.com
Cc:        tarkhil@mgt.msk.ru, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Version of FreeBSD for production server?

On Oct 9,  2:34pm, Igor Roshchin wrote:
} If you have ADAPTEC-2940, AFAIK, 2.2 has all the problems solved,
} while 2.1.7-RELEASE (and to the best of my knowledhe, 2.1-STABLE) still
} have them unsolved.

I ported the latest ahc driver from the 2.2 branch back to 2.1 about a
month ago and convinced Justin to commit it to the tree.  If you've
fetched 2.1-stable since then, you should be in luck.

That said, I'm planning on moving from 2.1 to 2.2 as soon as I can
find the time (and a spare machine) to port my local changes to 2.2.

			---  Truck