Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:17:38 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        re-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Alpha status

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

It looks like the problems I was seeing on the bento cluster have
cleared up.  I do not seem to be seeing package corruption with the
new DS10 machines, which suggests there is a problem with 5.x on
Miatas, post 5.1-RELEASE.  I don't think Jeff got time to run his
stress tests on the Miata package machines before they were replaced,
so if anyone else can give him access to one it might help to diagnose
this.  If not, it should be documented in the release notes for 5.2.

Jeff worked around a problem with stack tracebacks that was causing
stack tracebacks to go into an infinite loop.  I thought I had witness
disabled on those machines and so the bug was being triggered by an
actual panic, but since applying Jeff's patch I haven't had alpha
panics.

There are still some major problems like lack of working gdb -k, but
5.2 is usable for me again on the alpha package machines.  Thanks,
Jeff and David!

Kris

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy--