Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 15:41:03 +0200
From:      "Joachim Isaksson" <Joachim.Isaksson@ibfs.com>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Changes to console code?

Hi,

 I was running current 4.0 990318 (as far as I can remember, can look that up
once I get home from work), and yesterday I decided to do an upgrade to 990504
via a clean install from boot floppy.

 My console now decides to go blank when the probe for sc0 is attempted. As far
as I can see it never gets any further in the boot sequence. Luckily I got the
problem at floppy boot, not after killing my old system off :)

 Any ideas what has been changed in the console code since 990318 (and maybe
what I can do about it?)

 My motherboard is an old Intel Advanced/EV with an integrated Trio64 chipset
(and integrated audio) so a bit hard to replace the video card... :)

 I can try to binary search with boot floppies until I can find the exact date
when it stopped working if that helps.

/Joachim