Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:06:31 -0600
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multi-user: multiple consoles in FreeBSD

Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > > If I'm not mistaken, I believe FreeBSD has a problem with PCI busses after the
> > > bridges. Hence, not many slots.

The above point has very obviously been proven wrong.

> Probing for devices on PCI bus 0:
> chip0 <Intel 82439> rev 3 on pci0:0:0
> chip1 <Intel 82371SB PCI-ISA bridge> rev 1 on pci0:7:0
> chip2 <Intel 82371SB IDE interface> rev 0 on pci0:7:1
> chip3 <generic PCI bridge (vendor=1011 device=0024 subclass=4)> rev 2 on pci0:12:0

Seeing this has brought on a case of deja vu. I recall a friends system
outputing something similar to the above, but (as you can tell) I ignored it
because the machine ran. :-) My reply: "Gee that was stupid of me."
--
Kris Kirby
UAH Mail <kirbyk@email.uah.edu> UAH CS <kkirby@cs.uah.edu>