Date:      Wed, 9 May 2007 14:34:22 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.x to 6.x source update, bootblocks?

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 01:54:15AM -0400 I heard the voice of
Charles Sprickman, and lo! it spake thus:

> I've been running around upgrading some boxes to 6.2 from 4.11 using
> the directions in UPDATING.  I noticed that in the 4.x to 5.x step
> it's basically mandatory to install the new bootloader:

FWIW, I moved some (the last, I think; yay!) 4.x boxes up to 6.x last
weekend.  I did NOT install a new bootloader before booting the 5.x
kernel, but I DID have a serial console available to manually point it
at the new location for that boot (the installworld after that put the
new loader in place so I didn't have to do it manually after that).
That was enough.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net